Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wal-mart I saved $100!



I had a GREAT shopping trip to Wal-Mart. After I realized how EASY it was to price match I scored a WHOLE bunch of stuff including most of my son's Christmas stuff that I needed to finish up on. I had them price match the Downy (which is on sale for $2.98 at Menards) and the Tag Reader books (which are on sale at both Kmart and Toys-r-Us for $9.99) I think there is only 1 book I don't have now...lol....

Any who...here is what I all got. I had to take 2 pics, because after I put away everything I realized I forgot to add some items in the picture. Where my mind is today I dunno... :)


Here is what I got:

2 Knox Gelatin (FREE plus overage)
2 Clean n Clear Face wash ($0.64 each)
2 A1 Steak Sauce ($0.56 each)
1 McCormick Chili Seasoning (FREE)
2 Heinz Vinegars ($0.50 each)
6 Bags of Riceworks (FREE)
10 TAG Reader Books ($4.99 each)
4 2-packs of Oil Of Olay Soap ($0.48 each)
1 Nononsense Nylons (FREE)
2 Vitamin Waters (FREE)
1 TAG Activity Cards ($3 on clearance)
3 Downy Fabric Softener ($2.73 each)



I spent $54.81 with tax! Most of it was the TAG books alone! I saved $100!! I was so excited, my little sister was pretty impressed (she came with me) and the 2 ladies behind me thought it was a pretty good haul also. I was proud to get such a great deal. And to top it off you can keep ROLLING the nylon deal as there are $1 off coupons in the $1 packages!! YAY!!

8 comments:

  1. Where did you find an A1 coupon? I am always on the look for those and haven't found any.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by. I buy a lot of my coupons on ebay when I am looking for something specific. That is where I believe that I got those in a lot of them. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, how do you get price match with Walmart for the TAG reader books? I don't have K-mart in my state, and toys-r-us is the regular price, only online on sale for $9.99. I would love to get TAG books for $5.99.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous,
    I would print out the ad for Toys R Us (as I took that and the Kmart ad) I showed them the price and they simply adjusted each book to $9.99 then I gave them the $5 off coupon and got them for $4.99 each. They were really nice and it was easier than I expected. I was super excited. I did also find some great clearance TAG reader books and some activity cards for $3 at Wal-Mart so be on the look out for those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you still have the Toys R Us print out ad by any chance? Can you email it to me? The price for those Tag Books are showing regular price now. I did check the price this morning, it showed $9.99. Don't know what happen. I would really appreciate your help.
    younu1973@hotmail.com
    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello again,
    I checked and I threw the ad away, so I did some searching and found this link for you to print out and take with:

    http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W685293110001P?vName=Toys+%26+Games&keyword=tag

    That is the one from Kmart but you could also tell them that Toys r Us had them on sale too. As they just asked me where it was from and I told them :) Hope you are able to score some books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I just came back from Walmart. I had no luck doing the price match. The lady told me I can't do price match for print out of the ad or online price. :(
    Thank you for you help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I'm so sorry I would have asked to talk to a manager. You can google the price match policy and print that out and bring it with you. Maybe that would work :) Or call Walmart customer service....Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete