Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Confessions of a coupon shopper....

I am thoroughly upset with Target! Specifically a rather unpleasant cashier named we'll say Jane. I went and had a TERRIFIC game plan of the items that I was going to purchase. Here is what I was going to get:

  • 3 bags of IAMS smart puppy
  • 5 packs of Johnson's Baby Q-Tips
  • 3 Johnson's buddies Shampoo's
  • 2 bags of Cheetos
  • 9 bags of Fruit Snacks
  • 1 Crayola Beginnings Crayons
  • 2 Gerber Graduates
  • 2 Betty Crocker Moist Delights
Subtotal before coupons=$69.36 (+taxes)

Subtotal (plus tax after coupons)=$24.86


BUT Queen of the snoots said that I couldn't use manufacture coupons AND Target coupons, to which I replied yes you can, check your corporate coupon policy. THEN she said that I could NOT use the Archer Farms coupons on the $0.89 fruit snacks because it was for the boxes. Which I did tell her that it did not state that on the coupon. She was VERY rude and when I asked her to take the items off that she would not let me use the coupons for she huffed and threw (literally) the items on the floor. I was in awe! I told her she had no reason to have such an attitude and that the companies PAY Target to take the coupons, they even get extra money. I did go to the service desk and have to get an additional $3 back as well as some of my coupons that she tried to keep. For which I told them that if I was not getting the items, they no longer had right to my coupons. They tried to tell me that the $1 ANY Johnson's Baby product did NOT count for baby q-tips...uh okay...since it does not say baby they said. So here is what I ended up with:

  • 3 bags of IAMS dog food ($5.89 each)
  • 2 Gerber Graduates (FREE plus $1.06 overage)
  • 1 Johnson Buddies Shampoo ($1.14)
  • 2 Betty Crocker Moist Delights ($0.77 each)
  • 1 bag of Cheetos ($0.29)
  • 1 Crayola Beginners Crayons ($5.00 on sale)
Total actually spent=$22.64 with tax


Not as well as I had hoped. I do plan on contacting Target and carrying the coupon policy with me from now on. I have even thought about traveling 30 minutes to go to the next nearest Target so that I do not have to deal with these particular unfriendly cashiers. As it is NOT worth all of the stress. Have a story you would like to share? Let me know and I will happily post your "Confessions of a coupon shopper..."

On a happier note I got a GREAT deal at Bath and Body Works and will be posting that shortly with the pic :D

No comments:

Post a Comment