Sunday, March 9, 2014

Kentucky Derby themed centerpiece

 It seems like it has been forever since I have made a blog post...life has been more than hectic...but alas I am still here.
 The boy's school recently held their annual auction and the theme was the Kentucky Derby.  Many were asked to create centerpieces for the tables and this is what I came up with.
 This little beauty took about six hours to complete, but overall I was pretty satisfied with the end results.  And when I brought it to their school I received many "oohs" and "ahhs" which translates to a job well done!
 I thought the little hat that one of my minions found when we were at Jo Ann's was quite suiting for the piece and added a nice little touch.
 Foam glitter board is not the most fun thing in the world to work with, ahem see horse...
 A lot of hot glue (and a few burns later) she was done and ready to "Run for the Roses"!
 I have quite a few more posts that I have stored up and will be posting them shortly be sure to check em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment